Advanced Dermatology Center Announces COVID-19 Policy
To keep the spread of the coronavirus to a minimum while also continuing to provide the best care to our patients, screening questions are asked when confirming appointments or when the patient presents for treatment.
Preparing patients for their appointment
The following screening questions were taken from the CDC and WHO recommendations:
- In the past 14 days, have you traveled on a cruise or been to any affected geographic areas (China, Europe, Iran, Ireland, Malaysia, South Korea or the United Kingdom)?
- Have you been in contact with someone under investigation for or with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Do you have a fever, flu-like symptoms and/or lower respiratory illness such as cough or shortness of breath?
If the answer is ‘yes’ to any of these screening questions, we ask that patients not come into the office. Patients should call our office with any questions and reschedule their appointment for 4 weeks out or when they feel healthy. More importantly, if patients have an active cough, fever or flu-like symptoms they should contact their PCP to be evaluated.
In addition to the patient screening we are also screening all visitors who accompany patients to their appointment with the same CDC and WHO recommendations:
- Anyone who is not a patient should not enter the facility unless the scheduled patient requires assistance or is a minor
- All visitors entering our facility are screened for respiratory symptoms and recent travel history according to the screening questions listed above. If they are experiencing any respiratory symptoms or have a fever, the patient is asked to reschedule their appointment for when they feel better or find an alternative individual to accompany them.
- MASKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL EMPLOYEES, PATIENTS, AND VISITORS WHO ENTER OUR FACILITY REGARDLESS OF VACCINATION STATUS.